Tuesday 12 July 2016

Spam











This morning I received comments to two of my articles which began with the words:
"I am a private loan lender which have all take to be a genuine lender i give out the best loan to my client at a very convenient rate" (sic).
In each case the comment was accompanied by an application form for a loan.  Not only does that sentence offend English grammar it also offends me. This blog is intended to be a source of information and commentary on the intellectual property laws of the GCC countries and not a billboard for services of various kinds.

The company that enables me to publish this blog allows me to scrutinize each and every comment before it appears and gives me the choice of publishing the comment, deleting it or marking it as spam.  I marked the two loan application comments as spam and they will never appear on this blog as long as it subsists.

Sometimes an advertisement is disguised in elaborate flattery for the article or publication with a hypertext link to the service provider. I wasn't born yesterday and I am quite astute to that approach too. Such comments are also marked as spam.

The only commentary that I shall allow are those that relate to the subject matter of the article.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment